Clinical Trials & Research
NC Retina believes that contributing to the advancement of retinal care is an integral part of our subspecialty. There are many medical conditions that do not have a “cure”. Even as we provide the latest FDA approved technology available to treat retinal disorders, we are actively involved in clinical research trials in hopes of expanding our treatment options for our patients. These clinical trials provide patients with a treatment option for diseases that currently do not have any other available therapies.
Our doctors have lectured and taught courses at scientific meetings, both nationally and internationally, published articles in the medical literature, and provide continuing medical education programs for other doctors.
Clinical Trials We Have Participated In
- Topical LHA510 as Maintenance Therapy for Wet Macular Degeneration
- Ocriplasmin Research to Better Inform Treatment (ORBIT)
- Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor VEGF Trap Eye: Investigation of Efficacy and Safety in Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD) (VIEW 1)
- Diabetic Macular Edema and VEGF Trap-Eye: Investigation of Clinical Impact (DA VINCI) - Phase II/ Phase III
- Evaluation of Efficacy and Safety in Maintinaing Visual Acuity with Sequential Treatment of Neovascular AMD (LEVEL)
- Protein Kinase 3 (PKC) Inhibitor-Diabetic Retinopathy Phase 3 Study